www.accountedfour.blogspot.com
for more/newer/streamlined(?) posts.

random anecdotes and pictures can still be found here from time to time.

12.20.2011

[ __ ]

The past few months/half-a-year have been poorly documented on my part. Sure I've kept some groceries receipts, some Public Transit passes and a business card or two have added themselves to my wallet. But thats about it. I did manage to snap a few pictures in my down time, but no scribbled-in-agenda, no attempt at a paper diary, and no blog posts to be seen.

And yet it has been a time with loads of change for me. I chose to live on the down low, pulled back from how and with whom I was living before. I just needed a little time for myself. Hoping I haven't shunned a few people to no repair... because of my careless, disappearing act, kind of ways.

But, I figured since I'm coming around again, a generally recap of whats been going on on my side, just a mere couple of cities away, may be in order.

Living in a hostile and dangerous area, where the cabs don't enter and the sun don't shine...


Of course not! Knowing me and my lack of self defense skills I migrated to a calm neighbourhood, between two of the main streets, and hip culturally diverse quarters (the likes of Little Italy and Koreatown). In a cosy little room in a great big cosy house with some sweet-as roommates. My bed mate eventually moved out. I can't say I miss being woken up in the middle of the night to a cat-pounce and maulings out of ''affection''.

(Bed mate being a Cat, incase I left room for doubt in my wording)




My lovely ever shifting diet comprised of Cakes and noodles and 고구마 and fruit was quite eclectic, but happily received by my stomach. Don't worry, if I cook for you, I'll stick to a safe french toast. I make a good french toast.






As for means of monetary compensation, a.k.a. a job, I've been working in a quaint bakery. Hence the abundance of pies and cakes I have consumed. Such artistry to baking and cake-making I wish I could attain.




Why they chose to put the tourtiere making in the hands of a non cook/baker is beyond me, but here are my little meat pies:)

But that's all about to change. With a few days left of food prep and serving customers, and a few days to relaaaax and do the christmas thing with my restricted family (sister being the only one living semi-close to me), I'll be packing up and heading back. To take on school again and whatever else is thrown my way.

I'm legit worried, borderline scared. The transition back is bound to be shakie.
On verra bien.


p.s. the sporadic chronology of this blog having huge empty spot for months at a time, may be weird, but Id figure Id leave the past on here anyway. I was content with my anecdotes at the time, so why should present-me be a bully to past-me and take them down..?

No comments: